May 2014 Google Webmaster Report
April was another month chock full of Google webmaster and SEO tidbits. We also suspected at least two updates, FYI, there were some signs of a possible update on May 2nd, although that buzz died down quickly.
Google penalized several Japanese link networks, also the guest blog network PostJoint and HARO links came into question.
Other than that, a typical month of stuff, again, lots of questions of updates and so forth. I will keep an eye on May 2nd but it seems things have cooled down on that.
For last months report see here.
Here is the month's summary:
- Matt Cutts: Google Penalizes Seven Link Networks In Japan
- Google Penalizes PostJoint Over Guest Blog Links
- Google Penalizing HARO Links? Not Really.
- Google's Cutts On Big SEO Myths Are...
- Google's Matt Cutts: Anticipate The Query To Better Control Titles In Google
- The Head Of Matt Cutts Tells Us The Body Is Important Too
- Google's Matt Cutts On How To Buy Domain Names
- Google's Matt Cutts: The Shirts Rarely Correlate To The Video
- Google's Matt Cutts: Not All Manual Actions Are Ranking Demotions
- Google's Matt Cutts: You've Got A Mild Case Of Penguin
- Google Says Drop In Crawl Stats For News Sites Is Normal
- Schema.org Actions: What Is It?
- Google's Site Removal For HTTPS Will Remove HTTP Version Also
- Google: No Limit To The Number Of Links You Can Have On A Page
- Google: 410s Are Immediate & 404s Are Delayed For 24 Hours
- Google's Matt Cutts: I Don't Know 10% Of Your SEO Questions
- Google: We Mostly Ignore Web 2.0 Links
- Google: Our Algorithms Picked Up On Your Keyword Stuffed Page
- Google Business Schema Adds Phone Numbers, Hours & Menus
- Full Reviews In Google Knowledge Graph
- Google Pushing App Indexing As It Adds 24 More Apps
- Google UK Adds In-Depth Articles