Digital Marketing Interview Questions
Learn about Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Tips
Perhaps you are looking to start a career in digital marketing or have an upcoming interview at a digital marketing company. Well I can tell you there is no better time to join this industry, as the growth is absolutely explosive. Below are some tips for having a successful Digital Marketing Interview as well as interview questions which may come up.
Digital Marketing Interview Tips
1. Be digitally savvy – Do you know the difference between and SEO/SEM? Do you have a professional Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profile? Make sure you look into these things before even attempting to interview at a digital marketing agency! Read all the websites about digital marketing such as Mashable, Search Engine Land, Inc.com and more.
2. Do your research – Be sure to research the company you are interviewing with. What do they specialize in, who are their clients and what has made them successful? Learn about their services and be able to speak intelligently about their offerings. Also come prepared with at least ten questions specific to their industry/business or the position you are applying for.
3. Understand where you want to go – Do you have a clear plan for your career? Are you prepared to answer questions about your goals and where you see yourself in one, five or even ten years from now? Have a good understanding of your own goals and vision for your future success.
Common Digital Marketing Interview Questions
1. What do you know about Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing?
2. Tell me about your previous work experience in digital media.
3. What type of experience do you have designing/maintaining websites?
4. Walk me through your resume and explain how your background relevant to our needs?
Digital Marketing Interview Success
Depending on the type of job you are applying for, the questions will differ drastically. For example, the questions and relevant background experience will be very different at adigital marketing firm if you are applying for a programming job, a creative job, a social media or sales job. It’s best to zero in on what you’re good at, what you love to do and where you have documented success.
Also remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! Take the time to ask thoughtful questions and gather as much information as possible about the company/position. You will be glad you did when the interviewer is impressed with your level of eagerness and interest in their business.
Be sure to keep these tips in mind when interviewing for your digital marketing job and you’ll be sure to do just fine! Feel free to post comments below with your tips or any questions/feedback you may have.