About Me

header ads

Matt Cutts Not Returning To Google In 2014: Will He Return In 2015?

Matt Cutts Not Returning To Google In 2014: Will He Return In 2015?


Matt CuttsMatt Cutts, Google's currently on leave head of search spam, announced on Twitter that he is extending his leave into 2015.
In July, Matt Cutts shocked the SEO space by announcing he would be taking a few months off to spend time with his wife. He has been enjoying his time, it seems and has decided that he can keep his leave going into 2015 and Google will indeed survive.
Matt added to his blog post:
When I went on leave, I wanted to see how webspam would go without me. I’ve been talking to people on both the algorithmic and manual webspam teams during my leave, and they’ve been doing a top-notch job. So I’m planning on extending my leave into 2015.
Truth is, I am not sure many would agree. I think many believe the latest Penguin updatewould have been rolled out differently if Matt was around. But overall, many Googlers have stepped up in his place. Including John Mueller, Gary Illyes, Pierre Far and tons behind the scenes that most of us do not see. It is a learning process and will take time but overall, they aren't doing a bad job.
This begs the question, will Matt Cutts ever return to Google? Take my poll:
Thank you for voting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Total Votes: 318
Some of you would like Matt not to return but honestly, I really believe a Google without Matt is not as good for the SEO community as a Google with a Matt.
Forum discussion at Twitter & Black Hat World.

Post a Comment

0 Comments